Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: 5 Tips for Healthy Summer Hair with HASK Beauty

5 Tips for Healthy Summer Hair with HASK Beauty

Saturday, May 20, 2017

HASK Beauty Orchid & White Truffle Hair Care System

Right before the summer is the perfect time to start a new hair care routine!  Why?  Well, many of us get a new 'do and usually it tends to be shorter to help stay cool and refreshed during the summer months.  It's been a minute since I've given my hair a much needed, more than usual trim.  With summer fast approaching, I want to make sure I take care of my cut and color from the UV rays and salt in the air and water 🌊

 During the summer, you can usually find my family out on the boat enjoying the beautiful ocean or on the sand catching some rays pretty regularly.  Well, I also happen to color my hair every month and the ocean and hair color really don't mix!  Keep reading for 5 tips on how I keep my hair healthy and vibrant with the help of HASK Beauty and their Orchid & White Truffle Hair System 🌞


Cleanse


Sounds like a pretty basic step right?!?!  So I tend to only wash my hair about 1-2 times per week due to the fact that it is colored.  My hair also tends to run on the dry side, and if I were to wash more often, it would really just strip away a lot of my color and a lot of my hair's natural moisture.  Washing less frequently means I turn to products like dry shampoo and texturizers to help me keep my style looking fresh and revived.  I have been loving the HASK Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Shampoo πŸ’“ This shampoo is free of sulfates, parabens, gluten, phthalates, drying alcohol, and artificial colors.  Even though it is sulfate free it still creates a nice rich lather, and it smells AMAZING!!! 🌺

"Day in and day out, your hair craves one major thing - moisture! Soak it up with HASK Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Shampoo. Packed with replenishing nutrients and concentrated amino acids to drench hair in supreme moisture. Luxurious European orchid helps hydrate and control frizz, while the richness of rare white truffle oil helps rebalance and restore overworked, brittle hair. Say hello to hydration heaven!"

Hask Beauty Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Shampoo

Condition


Conditioning goes hand-in-hand for me when I shampoo my hair.  I know some people skip on conditioner, but I just can't!  My hair craves the moisture!  If I didn't condition, my hair would literally look like a rat's nest.  I don't want to even think about detangling that mess πŸ˜– I look for certain qualities in a conditioner.  It has to feel luxurious.  When I put it in my hair while I am in the shower, I want my hair to feel like I just put something super rich in it.  I want my hair to instantly feel soft and silky.  On the flip side, I also want it to rinse out easily without leaving any type of residue that is going to weigh my hair down and make it feel gross.  Trust me, it has happened to me!  I don't think I am asking too much for a good conditioner am I?!?!  With that being said, I have really been enjoying the HASK Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Conditioner!  It checks off everything on my list, leaves my hair soft, smelling delicious, and so easy to detangle 🌼

"Dry hair doesn’t stand a chance with HASK Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Conditioner. This formula drenches dry, overworked hair with strengthening proteins. Luxurious European orchid helps hydrate and control frizz, while the decadent white truffle oil helps quench and transform excessively thirsty, distressed hair. Say good-bye to dry!"

Hask Beauty Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Conditioner

Protect


Heat and humidity are in full effect year round here in South Florida.  While this may be a tip for the rest of the country, in Florida I recommend protecting the hair year round!  πŸŒž SPF for the hair is definitely a thing and really helps to protect hair from damage and if color treated, protects the hair color from brassiness and fading.  SPF hair care products come in both spray and leave-in treatment form.  I am a fan of both, and like to apply when my hair is towel dried, but still a bit damp.  If I am going to be out and about in the sun, out cruising on the boat, or enjoying the beach, I like to apply throughout the day as well.  Applying a hair sunscreen, also extra moisturizes the hair to avoid brittle ends and breakage. πŸ’› 

Hask Beauty Orchid & White Truffle Hair Look


Style


Believe it or not, styling your hair can actually be good for it!  Whether it be a blow dryer, a flat iron, or a curling wand, applying heat appropriately can help to seal the hair shaft, leaving hair shiny and healthy looking.  I see such a huge difference in my hair when I let it air dry, as opposed to, actually taking a few extra minutes to style it.  One thing I never do without when I style my hair is a heat protectant.  It is also important to know how much heat is too much heat for your hair type.  Too much heat can fry the hair and cause hair color to lose vibrancy.  Too little heat can well...do nothing πŸ˜•

I recently chopped off my long hair because my hair was so damaged.  It had been quite a long time since I had even gone in for a trim, and my ends were major splitsville!  In order to get my new hair style looking just how I want it, it requires some extra effort.  I have become a pro with my curling wand, but never go near any heat without my heat protectant.  After cleansing and conditioning, I don't want to dry out all the extra moisture from my HASK Beauty Orchid & White Truffle hair system πŸ’œ I want to keep my new look looking as fresh and healthy as possible!

Hask Beauty Orchid & White Truffle Hair Look


Treat


Think of hair care like skincare...once a week I like to reset my skin with a face mask.  After a good cleanse to remove build up of product and dirt & grime, a hair mask helps to reset the hair with a deeper level of moisturization.  I have tried a few different hair masks in my day, and lately I have been giving the HASK Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Deep Conditioner a shot.  To be honest, I am still on the fence with one.  I liked how it made my hair feel, but I didn't feel a huge difference between the regular conditioner or the deep conditioner.  Another thing I noticed was that while I had my hair up in a shower cap, the water that was coming off my hair was full of my color 😟 I am definitely going to give this mask another opportunity to wow me, and I think I am going to towel dry my hair a bit before putting the treatment in...maybe the trick is less water 🚿 If you are going to try this deep conditioner, and have color treated hair, I would just be aware and careful.

Are your poor tresses extra dry and distressed? Sink strands into this deep conditioning treatment packed with proteins that help rush intense hydrators where super dry hair needs them most. The shine-restoring brilliance of European orchid and rare conditioning richness of white truffle oil douse dehydrated, damaged hair with maximum moisture, shine and vitality. The ultimate hair indulgence!

Hask Beauty Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Deep Conditioner


HASK Beauty has different collections of products for all different types of hair!  Have you tried any of their super affordable and effective shampoos, conditioners, or hair masks?  How about a tip to keep hair healthy during the summer???  Let me know in the comments 😍


Connect with HASK Beauty and share the love!
InstagramTwitterFacebookPinterestYouTube

Have A Beautiful Day, Lucy~~*

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post backed by Brandbacker.  I received these products in exchange for my 100% unbiased feedback and review.  All thoughts expressed are 100% my own.