Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Summer Mermaid Ready ⚓ Essential Finds for Beach Season

Summer Mermaid Ready ⚓ Essential Finds for Beach Season

Monday, July 25, 2016

Summer Mermaid Ready - Essential Finds for Beach Season blog title

I have been totally and completely loving this summer! We are having great family days out on the boat and the sandbar and I must say that I am rocking a pretty sweet sun-kissed glow! I do find myself reaching for certain types of products more than others and it's definitely way more low maintenance since we are predominantly outdoors. Keep reading to see my recommendations for achieving mermaid status this beach season!


So I found myself perusing the online shopping destination, Spring. I say destination, because it's really just that...almost like the 5-star resort of online shopping. Free shipping, free returns, and you are purchasing directly from the brand...enough said! Plus, they have over 900 amazing brands, many of which are luxe cruelty free. If you know me, you know I love mermaids Every mermaid needs a few essentials when she hits the beach!


Check out my top 10 mermaid essentials for hitting the beach this season!!!



#1 - Sunscreen is a must! I am a big fan of the brand Supergoop!  I have tried a few of their different products and have loved every single one of them.  I tried a sample size of their Everyday Sunscreen with SPF50 and loved it!  I'm still working my way through other products I have on hand, but definitely into getting a full size 😏 

Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen SPF50

#2 - A detox face mask is the perfect thing to get your beautiful skin beach ready!  I have been crushing over this one from Captain Blankenship!  Their Mermaid Mask contains seaweed, matcha tea, lavender and ylang ylang just to name a few...This mask is so meant to be 
Captain Blankenship Mermaid Detox Face Mask

#3 - Mermaid hair is all the rage right now!  The only thing better than mermaid hair is shimmering mermaid hair ❤ This Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray, also from Captain Blankenship, is perfect to create sun-kissed golden mermaid locks! I may have to order this along with the mask!


Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray

#4 - If contouring is out, and strobing is in, this Charlotte Tillbury Dreamy Glow Highlighter is perfect!  This highlighter takes any mermaid to a whole new level of a sun-kissed summer glow.  Just take a big fluffy blush and apply lightly to achieve a dreamy, vintage glamour that is perfect for beach season!

Charlotte Tillbury Dreamy Glow Highlighter

#5 - A subtle pop of color on the lips and cheeks works really well with a sunkissed look...I especially love a creamy cheek formula Tarte's Kiss & Blush Cream Cheek & Lip Palette is perfect for a lightweight and natural radiance throughout the day. It's also made with their proprietary Rainforest of the Sea complex, containing algae and marine flower extracts...this was made for a mermaid!
Tarte Cosmetics Kiss & Blush Cream Cheek & Lip Palette

#6 - Every mermaid needs to be ready to transition from day to night for the bonfires and drum circles.  This Charlotte Tillbury Golden Goddess Eye Kit helps to achieve that golden eye look that will sparkle in the moonlight 🌙

Charlotte Tillbury Golden Goddess Eye Kit

#7 - No mermaid is complete without some scaly shimmer 😏 The Beachy Bundle from Flash Tattoos has the cutest variety that is perfect for beach season...check out the flamingo!  The pack also has shells, flowers, and starfish...I told you it was perfect!

Beachy Bundle Flash Tattoos

#8 - Cute sunnies are a must for beach season...I just don't see it any other way!  I especially love cat eye shape, because I feel it brings a heightened sense of glamour & vintage vibe to the whole look.  Freyrs Magnola Cat Eye Sunglasses are perfect and the pink frame just completely seals the deal 
Magnolia Cat Eye Sunglasses
Photo Credit: Spring

#9 - This nail polish from NCLA almost mimics a mermaid's beautiful scaly tail.  I mean really?!?!  The name of the shade is I'm Really A Mermaid ❤ I love the textured look to it and the chunkiness of the glitter. Now I want to find a swimsuit to match!

NCLA Polish in I'm Really A Mermaid

#10 - Mermaids love to show off their shiny trinkets!  This Golden Mermaid Bracelet from Family Affairs is beachy and cute with faux shells and starfish.  Just dangle it in the light to watch it catch the sun's rays like it does through the water.  
Family Affairs Golden Mermaid Bracelet


What are some of your mermaid (or merman) essentials for beach season???