Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Monat Balance Treatment System for Youthful & Balanced Hair

Monat Balance Treatment System for Youthful & Balanced Hair

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

monat hair balance treatment system product review blog title

I used to be a natural honey brown brunette...now I am a natural honey brunette that has gone all gray...well that look is just not for me so I color my hair burgundy red every 3-4 weeks.  Color treating my hair so frequently has definitely taken a toll and my hair tends to be very dry and damaged.  I try not to blow dry or iron my hair very often so as to avoid further damage.  For the most part, I let me hair air dry and usually throw in a hair serum to tame the frizz.  The Monat Balance Treatment Hair Care System is designed to boost natural hair growth, add essential moisture back into the hair, and increase manageability and shine.  Those are some pretty hefty claims!  Keep reading to discover my thoughts on this naturally based hair care system made with active botanical ingredients!


monat hair balance treatment system products

The Monat Balance Treatment Hair Care System consists of three products that are designed to work together and transform the hair by helping bring its vitality, brilliance, and strength back to life.  
  • Renew Shampoo
  • Restore Leave-In Conditioner
  • Replenish Masque

An additional Monat product that could be incorporated into a hair care regimen is the Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive.  This is their signature product and I actually already had a bottle of this at home.  This product can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment, intensive hydrating treatment, leave-in finishing treatment, anti-frizz treatment, and facial moisturizer!  Now that is a versatile hair care product!

The ingredients in this product are amazing!  Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Adansonia Digitata Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Caryocar Brasiliense Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil.  


As with all the Monat products, there are no phthlates, parabens, sulfates, PEG (polyethylene glycol), DEA/MEA (diethanolamine/monoethanolamine). and no harsh salt systems, colors, or fragrances.  

The Renew Shampoo, Restore Leave-In Conditioner, Replenish Masque all contain Rejuveniqe.  I tried using these products in different combinations to achieve my desired results.  

monat hair balance treatment system renew shampoo

First up is the Renew Shampoo.  Directions say to use a generous amount and gently massage into a rich  lather from scalp to ends.  I will say this produces a nice lather...not too thin but not anything crazy either.  Unlike a regular shampoo, this shampoo should be left int he hair for 2-3 minutes and then rinsed thoroughly.  I tried using this on its own and then following up with the Restore Leave-In Conditioner, but that was enough enough to provide sufficient moisturization and softness to my hair.  The best combination was pairing it up with the Replenish Masque and then once it was towel dry to put a few drops of the Rejuveniqe Oil on my palms and massage into the length and ends of my hair.

monat hair balance treatment system renew shampoo dispenser

My only pet peeve is I really disliked the dispenser.  You have to twist it to allow product to come out and I hate squeezing the tube because I feel like I'm ruining the packaging.  Plus, it have to be twisted closed before putting it back on the bathroom shelf, so it doesn't leak, but I would have product in my hands so it was a bit of a pain.  Overall, I really enjoyed the quality and formula of the Replenish Shampoo and would definitely consider re-purchasing.

monat hair balance treatment system replenish masque

The Replenish Masque may be my favorite Monat product! This hair masque is magnificent!  I loved the scent and how soft it made my hair feel when it was both wet and dry.  It also made it very easy to detangle...there were literally like no knots.  Pairing this up with the Renew Shampoo a couple of times per week, basically every time I washed my hair, really kept it looking shiny and healthy.  

monat hair balance treatment system replenish masque contents

As you can see the formula is light and fluffy and really reminds me of a body butter.  Plus a little goes a long way.  This was not like the Renew Shampoo that called for a generous amount of product during application.  I can also see me using this as an intense weekly treatment if left in the hair for an hour to two to really get it looking fabulous!  I will definitely be re-purchasing this but I can tell you it will be a while since one tub lasts a pretty decent amount of time.  What you see used is probably about two weeks worth.

monat hair balance treatment system restore leave in-conditioner

Last up is the Restore Leave-In Conditioner.  This was my least favorite of the three products I received to review.  While I think it is a great product, I just don't think it was a great product for me and my hair type.  I could see this working really well for someone with thick and/or curly hair.  My hair is very thin and I found this product to just weigh it down a little too much.  

monat hair balance treatment system restore leave-in conditioner contents

As you can see this is thicker than a typical hair serum or oil.  I definitely prefer the Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive as a leave-in.  My perfect formula is the Renew Shampoo, followed by the Replenish Masque in the shower.  The Rejuveniqe Oil Intensive is the cherry on top!

Monat is a direct sales company.  The independent consultant that I had the pleasure of working with to bring you this review is Katie Greene:)  Connect with her!


Check out her Monat site!  What hair system do you think would work best for you and your hair?

Disclosure: I received these Monat products in exchange for my 100% unbiased feedback and review.  All thoughts expressed are 100% my own.