Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: K-Y® | Our Date Night Secret Weapon

K-Y® | Our Date Night Secret Weapon

Thursday, October 22, 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias

ky-yours+mine-blog-post

Groceries...check!  Dental appointment...check!  Meeting with client...check!  Cheer & baseball practice...check!  Am I missing something?  You bet!  

Sometimes with all the gears of our lives in motion we forget about keeping up with one of the most important aspects.  Not that our kids or our jobs are not important, but our partners/spouses can sometimes be taken for granted as casual constants.  "They will understand...we have had such a busy week," or "I'm sure they are just as tired as I am...that's perfectly normal," can become regular excuses for making that quality time a priority.  Being that my husband & I have been together for over 16 years, I can say with complete confidence that those excuses have definitely crossed my lips.  

Well, no more!  I just added Date Night to the top of my list and putting it together is going to take some planning.  I consider myself somewhat creative in this department so I just jotted down a few additional items to my grocery list!

As I make my way through the Walmart aisles I come across just what I am looking for right near the Pharmacy.  I know this pair of test tubes will kick the passion and intimacy up quite a few notches!  The best part?  I have a coupon!  The  K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants® is the perfect combination of magic potions for the both of us.   Plus, to be honest, after kids and a few extra years under my belt (just a few;) I could use a little extra something for smooth sailing!   K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants® may be just what I need. This date night planning is going to be Spook-tacular!  Can you guess my theme?  
ky-yours+mine-coupon


My next step is where my creativity gets to kick in!  I decided to expand my plans to encompass an entire month of weekly date nights...what can I say?  I am a total planner girl!  For this month of Halloween romance I thought it would be fun to channel romantic couples throughout history and literature.


My first step is to set up what I affectionately like to refer to as Time Travel Romance Cards.  These are a simple DIY. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!


Four weeks in a month means four famous couples… Pick your favorites!


All I needed were some blank cards with envelopes, markers, stickers, and my imagination!  Each card gets the couple's names written on it.  I know who is in the card to begin with so my part is easy! 
My husband wakes up for work before everyone else, so I will just leave the card with his wallet so he knows what part he gets to play that week;).


ky-yours+mine-time-travel-cards

Next up is all about setting the mood.  Each week is a different theme, but of course my  K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants® is always a must!  


I think ‘keeping it simple’ is the way to go here. I don't want to go overboard and lose sight of the actual task at hand.  I think that a few glasses of bubbly to unwind and a little something to nibble on will go perfect with every theme.  Throw in some couple-specific props and I'm all set!


For our first couple theme, I tried to throw in some 20's flair with a fedora and a pearl necklace.  




The next famous couple I selected took my mind to a forbidden love affair so I thought a mask, presidential tie, and my favorite actress’ famous red lipstick would set the mood perfectly.





What I have realized is that my partner and I deserve all the romance and passion that brought us together in the first place.  With the help of  K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants® we have been able to enhance intimacy and really place more of a focus on our relationship.  After all, happy wife, happy life right?


To learn more about  K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants®, visit:

How would you set the mood for you and your partner?  Now that the weather is cooling down and Whatever it is,  K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants® could add that extra drama to increase passion and closeness.  Make sure to put your partner on your honey-do list.  Next time you are at Walmart, stop by family planning section and pick up some  K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants®.  


Don't forget to print your $2 off coupon before you head out the door!