Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Make Brushing Fun with Tom's of Maine Toothpaste!

Make Brushing Fun with Tom's of Maine Toothpaste!

Monday, September 28, 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturalGoodness #CollectiveBias


toms-of-maine-toothpaste

As a mom, what my family puts in and on their bodies is incredibly important.  Too many products nowadays have artificial ingredients and additives that we could really (but really!) do without.

Most importantly, everything we buy in our household, must be cruelty free...in other words, no animal testing or animal ingredients.  This is really a non-negotiable for me and my family as the well-being of all living things in a priority in our household.

You would think that it would be easy to find cruelty-free products just about everywhere, but it isn't as easy as you might think.  Don't get me wrong, it is definitely getting easier but it really is all about being an informed consumer.

I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart and you might be surprised to hear that they are very good about providing cruelty free alternatives to pretty much anything you can think of.  On a recent trip, I needed to pick up some toothpaste and I was ecstatic to see that Walmart is now carrying Tom's of Maine toothpaste!


Tom's of Maine is PETA certified cruelty free, so no animal testing or animal ingredients.  Their products are also free of artificial preservatives, colors, sweeteners, flavors, fragrances, and additives,  All of their ingredients are sourced in nature, they make sustainable practices a priority in their business, and they promote the recyclability of their packaging.  I think I'm in love!

Thank you Walmart for carrying this amazing brand!

I was able to find Tom's of Maine toothpaste in the toothpaste aisle right along with all the other toothpaste brands.  I picked up Silly Strawberry for the kiddos and Simply White Clean Mint for us adults.  I also checked out Walmart online and they had a ton of different Tom's of Maine toothpaste varieties available there so definitely worth checking out!

toms-of-maine-toothpaste

toms-of-maine-toothpaste

toms-of-maine-toothpaste

Let's talk a little about actually getting my kids to brush their teeth...

Why is it of all the things that my kids could possibly forget in the morning, brushing their teeth always seems to be top of the list?!?!

Before my son walks out the door with his bookbag, I look at him and ask, "Did you brush your teeth?"  Suddenly, the bookbag hits the floor and he scurries into the bathroom, because obviously he forgot to brush his teeth!

Since my daughter wears braces, she is pretty good about remembering to brush, but my focus is more on the quality of the brushing.  Plus, she needs to take it to school with her since she has to brush after lunch.

So I decided to challenge my kids to finding ways to make brushing more fun and I think they actually did pretty good!

My son decided that jamming along to his favorite song in the morning would help to not just remember brushing but also get him to brush for a good amount of time.  He just hit play on that song and started dancing & brushing away!  Did you know that kids should brush their teeth for about two minutes?  He doesn't stop brushing until the song is over so I am pretty darn happy about how clean his teeth are when he walks out the door now! #jammin

toms-of-maine-toothpaste

My daughter is the #selfie queen in the house, so she decided to take some selfies of herself while she brushed!  I thought this was a great idea because it actually sparked a movement of toothbrushing selfies amongst her and her friends.  She spent so much time trying to get the best selfie shot that she didn't realize how long she actually brushed her teeth!  #winwin

toms-of-maine-toothpaste

I definitely feel accomplished with the oral hygiene win in our house thanks to Walmart & Tom's of Maine.  

For more information on their brand and products, check out Tom's of Maine on:

How do you make brushing fun at your house???  Find some #NaturalGoodness inspiration!