Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: My #FrescaVoxBox Review

My #FrescaVoxBox Review

Friday, June 12, 2015

Hi there 2Gen Beauties!  Thank you so much for checking out my review of the Influenster Fresca Vox Box!  Please note that I received this box complimentary for testing & review purposes:). All opinions are 100% my own!

I've been using the different products in this box for about a month and most of the products I think were totally awesome.  If you haven't had a chance to see my unboxxing, check that out right here:


This was a hit for me!  I've always been s fan of the brand Not Your Mother's.  Their Clean Freak Dry Shampoo is my favorite dry shampoo on the market and it smells absolutely refreshing!  The shampoo & conditioner also have a similar scent but definitely more in terms of mint-very clean & refreshing.  I was able to get about 4-5 uses out of the deluxe sample sizes I received.  The shampoo is not your typical ultra lathering shampoo.  This is an eco-friendly formula with no sulfates, silicones, parabens, or dyes.  It is perfect for those of us with color treated hair!  Conditioner also has a very light texture but gets the job done.  What I like about both of these products is the send and just so clean it really makes you feel your hair is after you're done using it.  

Check out my YouTube channel review on the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Shampoo & Conditioner here:


These were hit for me!  I think they are great now for the summer months because since themselves are very light and fruity and natural.  I received a full-size in the Violet Pomegranate scent and sample sizes of the same Violet Pomegranate, as well as, Sea Salt & Rose Petals and Blackberry, Juniper, & Magnolia.  These can be worn on their own, but they can also be layered to create unique and distinct scents when combined.  All three scents smell delicious!  
Check out my YouTube channel review on the JAFRA Blends Fragrance Collection here:


This lip lacquer was another big hit!  I've been a huge fan of NYC New York Color as a brand for quite a while.  They are an amazing cruelty free drugstore brand.  This lip lacquer is well worth it's weight in gold! The color itself is beautiful and highly pigmented.  With just one swipe you get opaque coverage.  The finish is glossy but the where lasts for quite a while. It's not like a lipgloss that you have to keep reapplying. I will definitely be checking these out in other colors!

This shave cream was another hit for me.  I had to do a little bit of research to find their policy on animal testing and I am happy to report that they are a cruelty free brand from the makers of the male equivalent, Barbasol!  The consistency of the cream is incredibly smooth and leaves your legs very hydrated.  I have been using this in the traditional method of in the shower but I have put it to the test (and I know that we've all done it) of a dry shave when were in a rush.  With one leg hoisted up on the toilet while I periodically rinse my razor in the sink, this shave cream was a winner!  I actually think that this left my legs feeling even smoother, because I wasn't rinsing the product off just patting my legs down with a damp towel!  As you can see my dog Sam was also a fan;)
I wasn't quite sure on the cruelty free status of Sally Hansen so I did a little bit of research.  I am happy to report that they are also a cruelty free brand of the parent company, Coty.  This product was just OK for me...I don't like the fact that I have to run it in and then wash my hands, so I think the spray is maybe a better alternative although now that I think about it...that will probably need to be rubbed in as well!  On the plus side, it definitely leaves a natural overall color, not that crazy orange streaky stuff you see out there sometimes.  It's also water resistant which is great for hitting the beach or the pool with sun kissed color.  Can you guess which leg has the Airbrush Legs???

The last product I received was the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Facial Cleanser.  Neutrogena is NOT a cruelty free brand so I will not be reviewing this product.

I hope you have enjoyed my little tidbits of feedback regarding the products I received in my Influenster Fresca Vox Box!  

Please let me know in the comments below which product you are most excited to try for yourself!

Have a Beautiful & Cruelty Free Day!

With Love, Lucy~~*