Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Perlier Honey Royal Jelly Elixir: Glowing Results!

Perlier Honey Royal Jelly Elixir: Glowing Results!

Saturday, June 7, 2014

I received this product for testing & review purposes courtesy of iFabbo.  All opinions are 100% my own.
 
When I first received my Perlier Honey Royal Jelly Elixir, I was a bit taken aback at its packaging.  When I say aback, I mean it in a really good way! The packaging is beautiful <3 As you can see it comes in a gold box with a black band, that also has a cute, black charm on it.  I didn't know very much about the brand, so I started to do a little research.  First of all, above all else, they are a cruelty-free brand.  At La Carignana Estates in Turin, Italy, they cultivate their own plants, flowers, and honey on over 150 acres.  They are pesticide-free, insecticide-free and have a state of the art research facility.  Perlier, a bath & body company, is the #1 cosmetic company in Italy.  It is also the top brand to use honey in its products, and has been doing so for over 80 years.  I loved a quote I heard in one of their website videos: "Old world meets modern day science." 
 Just look at the detailing on this packaging!  The product usually retails for about $200, but it is available on HSN for $99 at http://bit.ly/1m2kLEZ 
 
 
This is my actual bottle...If you notice you can see that I have used up quite a bit of this product.  I apply it after cleansing every morning (before my moisturizer) and every night. 
 
Check out the label up close! I am completely impressed by the details.
 
The product is dispensed through a pump that has a tiny hole in the front.  I usually only use about a pump and a half.  I have been using this product pretty consistently for about 4-5 weeks.

This is about one pump of product.

On the left is a picture of my hand before application. 
On the right, I have already applied a small pump of product and worked it in pretty thoroughly.
As you can see, it leaves a really nice, shimmery sheen.
 
I tried to get a picture where you can see the actual dewy, shimmery look.
 
I figured the best way to really test the product was to take a before and after picture.  In my opinion, it's so hard to really evaluate the results by just daily observation.  I snapped a quick photo before my first ever application, and about 4-weeks later, I just snapped another pick.  When I put them side-by-side, I was really impressed with the results. Check out the differences!  Throughout the product testing, I really felt the difference when I was actually washing my face...I could felt a difference in the smoothness of my skin.  I also started off with a touch of redness, which I never realized I had until I saw the before & after picture!  I didn't necessarily see any difference with the fine lines & wrinkles, but the texture & tone of my skin were definitely improved.
2Gen Beauty of Bloglovin'