Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: ipsy May 2014-SNEAK PEEKS

ipsy May 2014-SNEAK PEEKS

Saturday, May 3, 2014

It's SNEAK PEEK TIME!!!  ipsy is in bloom this month with a Spring-inspired beauty bag.  If you read my blog on a regular basis, you know I am a HUGE fan of ipsy!  This month's theme can only mean pretty colors and floral-inspired products.
 
 
May Sneak Peek #1: Let your beauty bloom with one of these soft, fresh shades to cheer up your spring style.
Our first sneak peek is an either/or of the same brand, Pacifica.  This is a 100% vegan and cruelty-free brand, so definitely a personal favorite.  The Enlighten Eye Brightening Mineral Eye Shadow Palette is composed of four beautiful shades designed to brighten and create that wide awake, gorgeous look.  The palette comes with four shades:
Left: Urchin (jeweled purple with gold tones) & Skinny Dip (matte nude base)
Right: Coral Sand (satin lid base) & Golden (golden shimmer)
I have never tried their eyeshadow so I am very excited to get to try not one, but two shades.  Pacifica uses coconut water (skin balancer) & safflower seed oil (anti aging emollient) in many of its products, including these eyeshadow <3
 
 May Sneak Peek #2: Time to head outdoors and enjoy beauty al fresco. Don't forget to put one of these pretty picks in your picnic basket to stay safe in the sun.
 Our next sneak peek is an either/or sunscreen product...perfect for the spring & summer months!  Well, year round for us here is South Florida;)  I have been in the market for a new cruelty-free sunscreen so maybe I can find a new go-to product for my daily regimen. 
Left: Hang Ten Classic Body SPF 50
This is a clear, lightweight, naturally scented sunscreen...my interest is officially peaked!  I am so tired of sunscreens that smell like sunscreen!  Hang Ten is a California-based lifestyle brand founded in 1960 by iconic surf legend, Duke Boyd.  Their new sunscreen line is Powered by the brand Coola, a brand we have received in previous ipsy bags that focuses on environmentally-friendly sourcing and uses up to 97 organic ingredients!
Right: Sans Tan Pure White Mineral Sunscreen from Jersey Shore Cosmetics
When I first read this, I thought to myself, did Snooki & J-Wow come out with a cosmetics line?!?!  But seriously folks, this brand is no joke!  Developed by a Jersey native, Jacquelyn Foster Quattro, Jersey Shore sunscreen is non-toxic, petrochemical-free and created in small batches using organic, non-GMO (genetically modified organisms) ingredients.
I will be happy receiving either of these two products, as both sunscreens sound absolutely amazing!
 

May Sneak Peek #3: A lovely bouquet of beauty awaits you this month. Which blooms are you excited about?
Sneak Peek #3 is an either/or of eight different products.  From my understanding we will be getting just one of the items pictured below:
(Clockwise from upper left)
Nailtini Nail Polish in Lagoon (just a guess)
Nailtini launched something called the Lacquer Closet in February and I have a feeling this is a polish out of the May set, Maryam Maquillage.  I looked through all their other polishes and none of them come close to this color.
Calvin Klein Roll-On of Endless Euphoria
Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Peel Off Mask
(I have contacted them about their cruelty-free status)
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy
Please note Revlon is not cruelty-free :(
Lulu Blossom Body Balm in Dreamsicle
I would love to get this item in particular because they are vegan & cruelty-free!  Plus, their packaging is so cute <3
Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer
(I have contacted them about their cruelty-free status)
This is an interesting product!  It is meant to be used on bug bites, red spots, or anything that is in the process of healing.  It is a healing ointment & concealer in one!
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Love the brand!  Love this product!  I already own it so I would love to give someone else the opportunity to receive it (as long as I don't get Revlon)
Olive Natural Beauty Refreshing Rosemary Lip Balm
I would love to receive this product in my ipsy bag! 100% natural and organic ingredients and cruelty-free!




 

May Sneak Peek #4: The freshest picks, the prettiest products! One of these beauty finds will be yours to enjoy all spring.
Sneak peek #4 is an either/or of what appears to be different moisturizing products for either hair or skin:) 
From left to right:
eva-nyc Therapy Session Hair Mask
eva-nyc Rock-A-Wave Curl Cream
eva-nyc Leave-In Cream
Eva-nyc is a company created by Eva, a New York City fashionista. 
I reached out to them regarding their cruelty-free status and am happy to report that they are, in fact, cruelty-free and felt very strongly about the issue:)  Thank you eva-nyc!!! <3
Balanced Guru No Frizz Oil
I would love to get this product! This company uses USDA certified organic ingredients and are cruelty-free.  They are environmentally conscious and are promoters of inner, as well as, outer beauty <3
Pur-lisse Hydra-Balance Moisturizer
This brand combines "traditional Chinese beauty rituals of yesteryear with today's French skincare technology."  Pur-lisse products are created with 5 key ingredients: blue lotus flower, lupine peptides, white tea, seaSilk, and soy protein.  They are also a cruelty-free company <3 
 
May Sneak Peek #5: Garden party or relaxed picnic, one of these beauty finds will keep you pretty and polished for any outdoor soiree this month.
So it's official!  We will be receiving five products in our May ipsy bags <3  There are quite a few products in this sneak peek, but we do know that we will be receiving one of them.  Let's try and do this from upper left going clockwise:
Bare Foot Exfoliating Polish
I was unable to find anything out about this brand online...Not sure if the name of the brand is Bare Foot or if the brand name is unnoticeable?  I will definitely update this once I have more information.
Two Cosmetic Brushes
I cannot make out the name of the brands on either brush.  In the past, ipsy has had Coastal Scents brushes in their bags so maybe this is them again...not sure?
Purple Eyelash Curler
Your guess on this is as good as mine...
La Fresh Travel-Lite Oil-Free Makeup Remover Wipes
La Fresh Travel-Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes
La Fresh has been in ipsy bags in this past.  I'm not a huge fan of wipes...I usually just pass them on to my daughter since she can use them to freshen up after PE class.
Balanced Guru No Frizz Oil
This is a repeated item from sneak peek #4.  ipsy did this last month too!  What's up with that?!?!
Me-e Beauty Pure Honey Infused Night Cream
I am really enjoying all the indie brands coming out of ipsy this month.  Me-e Beauty is an all-natural skincare company that uses raw honey from their own beehives in New York. 
Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water
So this is really kicking it old school in my opinion.  I remember my mom always having a bottle of this stuff (not necessarily this brand) in her purse and spraying herself down to refresh her skin.  I have a few different sprays like this...one from a local brand, Slumming Duchess, and another from Benefit.  If I had my choice, I'd pass on this.  It's water in a spray can.
Derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub
I actually just received the night cream from Derma e in my last Birchbox.  I really like this eco-friendly brand:)  They started out in a local health food store and their popularity has just grown!  They use natural & organic ingredients, environmentally friendly packaging, earth friendly business practices, and are committed to the environment, and also cruelty-free <3
 
 
 
 
 
 May Sneak Peek #6: The anticipation is killing us. We can't wait for you to check out our Fresh Picks for May and show us your spring style. 
I am officially in love with this bag!  I love the canvas feel to it and I love the green leaf print to it!  Absolutely perfect for Spring <3 ipsy, you guys have outdone yourselves!
 
 
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11014809