Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: ipsy April 2014-SNEAK PEEKS!

ipsy April 2014-SNEAK PEEKS!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It's SNEAK PEEK TIME!!!  Ipsy is giving us the rock star treatment this month with a rock star-inspired bag for April 2014 <3  Ipsy you know me so well;)
 
APRIL SNEAK PEEK #1: Bring out the velvet ropes and bust out your makeup melody for this awesome rock star product in your Glam Bag this month!
Ipsters will be receiving a deluxe sample of Urban Decay's 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in the color only befitting a rock star, Black Velvet!  Let me repeat myself we will ALL be receiving this item.  Yes you read that correctly...not an either/or, not only for the ipsy elite...Get ready to bring on the smoky eye ladies!
 
APRIL SNEAK PEEK #2: Life is a stage and your lips are at the center. Let one of these fabulous lip products take the lead!
This sneak peek is an either/or.  Ipsters will be receiving one of the products in the band, The Beauties <3.  Will you be rocking out with a Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in what could be Acid Pink on the right playing the electric guitar and Fiesta on the left playing the bass.  Starlooks Lip Liner takes center stage as lead vocals in Glory.  Keep in mind the colors are my best guess!  Playing the drums is the Mary Kay at Play Jelly Lip Gloss in Violet Vixen.  I am praying to the ipsy goddesses that I do not receive the Mary Kay gloss as they are not cruelty-free.

 
 

APRIL SNEAK PEEK #3: Hey DJ! Your beauty routine deserves a fabulous remix and one of these awesome beauty finds will help you scratch that!
Our third sneak peek is an either/or...ipsters will be receiving one of the three items listed below:
Center-Rainbow Honey Polish in Midnight Fountain
Rainbow Honey polishes are made in the USA at the Rainbow Honey in New Jersey, are 3-FREE, 100% vegan & cruelty free!!!
Left-City Color Cosmetics White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse
This cream formula can be used as a shadow, base & highlighter...I love multi-functional products!  City Color Cosmetics are also certified by PETA as a cruelty free company <3
Right-Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow in Champagne
This new product from Elizabeth Mott is described as a smooth, easy to blend, crease-free eyeshadow.  Their animal testing policy was not listed on their site, so I reached out and Elizabeth Mott is indeed cruelty free!
 

 
 
 
APRIL SNEAK PEEK #4: Tune up your beauty routine this music festival season with one of these amazing products!
ipsy's 4th sneak peek is another either/or of some really amazing products!  Ipsters will be receiving one if the items listed below:
Upper Left-Benefit's Lollitint
This candy-orchid tinted lip and cheek stain is the cute little sister of Benefit's original Benetint.  I am a fan of the original and I would love to try this one.  Benefit is one of my all-time fave brands and are also cruelty free <3
Lower Left-Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion
I actually received this in a Birchbox a few months ago...It is a very fine exfoliant and I will say it smells really good...key ingredients include lactic acid, jojoba, aloe Vera, chamomile, and aluminum oxide, while citral & limonene provide it with a citrusy scent.  The full size is pretty pricey ($78), so to be honest I wouldn't spend that kind of money on this type of product when there are others on the market with a much better price tag and just as good, if not better.
Center: St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Face
I am not a huge fan of self tanners.  I live in South Florida so really all I need to do is step outside.  With that being said, I will definitely give it a shot if it ends up in my ipsy bag.  This product is described as a light moisturizer that provides a light glow.  This is a great way to maybe get a head start on a summer tan for those of you who don't get as much sun on a regular basis.  I wear sunscreen daily because the Florida sun is so strong, but a little glow couldn't hurt;)
Right-CoverFX Mattifying Primer
This lightweight primer is formulated to have both anti-acne & anti aging. properties, with ingredients such as Willow bark extract, Ancient African Tree Bark extract, and vitamins F, C, and E.  CoverFX is also a cruelty free, PETA approved company!


APRIL SNEAK PEEK #5: One of these glam-rocking products is definitely going to get you to stand up and stand out from the festival crowd!
So this sneak peek had me a little confused as one of the items is also "peeked" in SP#4.  This is another either/or peek, so we will have five products in our April bags...yayyy!  I also spy a few products being repeated from previous months' bags, so keep in mind that ipsy will not send you the same item twice...Although sometimes we wish they would;)
Upper Left: Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse
I have received two different products from this brand...One I loved, which was the Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray.  The other was just a product I would never use because I don't blow dry my hair (unless I go to the salon), and that was the Blow Dry Volumizing Gel.  It wasn't a bad product, just not something I would use so I traded it on one of the trade boards.
Upper Center: Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes
I have tried a few different products from this brand, including lashes, and I have been very impressed.  These lashes have a tapered end and are described as "blending seamlessly with your own lashes."   
Upper Right: St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Face
This is the repeated item from SP#4 (above)
Lower Left: Such a Tease Lashes
Yep another pair of lashes...ipsy really?!?!  I can understand maybe every other month but two in the same month.  So we have a 33% chance of getting lashes as one of our products! 
Lower Center-Demeter Roll-On Perfume Oil in Jasmine
My first experience with Demeter was thanks to ipsy!  I received the Salt Air Roll=On Perfume Oil and it was amazing <3  This is a product I would not mind repeating.  The Jasmine scent will be perfect for the Spring & Summer so this is the perfect time for it to come out in our ipsy bags!
Lower Right-Coastal Scents Makeup Brush
This can be any of their amazing brushes.  I received the Classic Shadow Brush in one of my ipsy bags and I use it daily.  I have my fingers crossed on getting the Classic Blender Brush as I lost mine somehow and it was my all-time favorite brush...Please ipsy!!!  Classic Blender for 2Gen Beauty <3
 
 
APRIL SNEAK PEEK #6: Put your records on and sing your favorite songs with all of this month's fabulous beauty rocking picks!
I love this month's bag theme, because if you know me you know I'm a rocker girl at heart...Come on ipsy...Talk Dirty to Me;)  I love the royal purple with the record theme and the apropos phrase "Beauty Rocks!"  Looking forward to another great bag <3 


Ready to join ipsy???  Click here!!!

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11014809