Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 5

Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 5

Saturday, January 4, 2014






The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 5 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Facial Care Products & Tools. Below are my selections:

FACIAL SKIN CARE
 
Cleansers
Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash
Benefit Foamingly Clean Facial Wash
I love both of these cleansers!  I actually picked up the Pacifica face wash (deluxe size sample) in an ipsy swap, and I will definitely be purchasing the full size.  It smells like a tropical vacation and really leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed.  The Benefit facial wash I picked up at ULTA and took it with me on my cruise to the Bahamas.  It really does provide tons of foam and a little goes a long way.  I like to use this one at night after I remove my makeup.

 Photo Credit: Pacifica

Photo Credit: Benefit Cosmetics

 
Serum
The Balm Cosmetics TimeBalm Strawberry Nourishing Facial Serum
I picked up this amazing little product in a Hautelook sale and I am so happy I did.  It has a jelly-like consistency and it is light and is easily absorbed.  I definitely feel like it firms my skin.

Photo Credit: The Balm

 
Moist Towelette
Michael Todd True Organics Skin Loving Facial Wipes
These wipes are 100% organic cotton and smell soooo good!!!  Here in South Florida it is super humid so these wipes are a nice midday refresher.  I also bought them for my daughter to carry in her bookbag so she could wipe her face after PE class to help with teenage skin.

 Photo Credit: Michael Todd True Organics

 
Exfoliators
Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
I received this in one of my very first ipsy bags and it was the first time I had ever heard of the MTTO brand.  This scrub was also featured in my Beauty Crown-Week 4 as my fave product from a beauty subscription as well.  You can read that post here

 
Masks
Michael Todd True Organics Rose Petal Mask
I picked this up in an MTTO BOGO and will be doing a giveaway on my blog sometime in January.  This is not your typical mask...It has a jelly-like consistency and the primary ingredient is rose oil, so if you don't like roses you won't like this mask.  I happen to love the smell of roses so I am in love with the scent.  It is also jam-packed with antioxidants, Vitamin C, and acai extract so I feel like I am really helping my skin:)

Photo Credit: Michael Todd True Organics


 
Facial Mist
Benefit Cosmetics Ultra Radiance Facial Re-Hydrating Mist
I keep this bottle in my glove compartment and spray whenever I want to refresh.  It smells really good and doesn't mess up my makeup.  Plus, it actually smells really good.  I am looking forward to Benefit expanding their skincare line as I am really impressed with everything I have tried so far.

Photo Credit: Benefit Cosmetics

 
Cleansing System
I have the Clarisonic Aria Glowing Collection with Josie Maran on my wishlist!!!
 Photo Credit: Sephora


TOOLS
Brushes
 bhCosmetics Blending Brush
Coastal Scents Classic Shadow Medium Shadow Brush
The bhCosmetics blending brush has to be my favorite shadow brush of all time.  It is so incredibly versatile!  The Coastal Scents brush I received in my ipsy bag and I really like it as well.  Also a very versatile brush...It works well for the lid, the crease and just under the eyebrow.  When it comes to powder & blush brushes I also use bhCosmetics and they are pretty good.  I actually have the Pink Brush set but really only use the powder & blush brushes from it.

 Photo Credit: bhCosmetics

Photo Credit: Coastal Scents

Photo Credit: bhCosmetics
 
Eyelash Curler, Tweezers & Nail Tools
I don't really have a fave when it comes to these as I feel that most of the ones on the market work really well.  Currently I am using the Sonia Kashuk Eyelash curler.  When it comes to the Tweezers, I've had the same pair for years and I have no idea on a brand.  I don't really use nail tools but my daughter loves the dotting tools we picked up on ebay.  Super cheap for 4 double-ended dotters...not too shabby!


I hope you have enjoyed my picks for the Beauty Crown Awards for 2013!
It was been a true pleasure sharing my 2013 favorite products with you <3

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11014809
Follow this blog with bloglovin'