Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 4

Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 4

Friday, December 27, 2013

 
 
The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014

Week 4 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Eye & Misc Products. Below are my Week 4 selections:

EYES

Primer
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
I have tried several different shadow primers and I always come back to Too Faced...It has never let me down:)  If I were to compare it to Urban Decay's Primer Potion (which is also really good) I would say that Too Faced is creamier and has more of a wetness to it.  Some people might not like this, but I feel like it really helps to keep the shadow in place.


 
Pressed Shadows
 Too Faced Eyeshadows
Yep...I guess you could say I have a problem!  This is the reason I have not purchased the Too Faced Chocolate Bar yet, and actually went with Naked3.  I can't help it!  The Too Faced eyeshadows are AMAZING!  They are smooth, buttery, and have minimal fall out.  I love them <3


 
Pigments
 bellaterra Mineral Cosmetics
e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadows
I tend to use more pressed eyeshadows than loose pigments so I don't have a huge amount of product nor experience.  I will say the ones I have tried I have really enjoyed.  I received the bellaterra mineral pigment from ipsy in October and the color is just gorgeous...Super rich and just the most beautiful shade of purple called Emotion.  The other two I picked up from e.l.f. in a set that came with an assortment of other items.  They are also beautiful and apply very nicely.  These were in the shades Sweet & Sassy!
 


 
Swatches from left to right: Emotion, Sweet, & Sassy

 
Mascara
 Too Faced Lash Injection
Benefit's They're Real Mascara
I love both of these mascaras...They're Real is some pretty strong stuff so I tend to use it for nighttime, while Lash Injection is doable for accentuating the lashes for daytime looks.
 

 
Eyeliner
 Tarte's Waterproof Gel Liner in Splash
I purchased this gel liner when Tarte released their Aqualillies Collection back in the Spring.  I actually reviewed the collection back in September here.  The swatch below is from my original blog post.  This eyeliner is so pretty.  I have worn it to the pool, the beach, boating, at BBQs, work, at night...You name it!  It is super versatile and you can combine it with different color combinations for different looks.  It also came with a great brush which has a straight eyeliner brush on one end and an angled eyeliner brush on the other.  I love the angled brush and it makes it super easy to apply the gel liner.
 


 

 Cream Shadows
 Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow
I have two of Benefit's cream shadows: bikini-tini (left) and bronze have more fun (right).  These colors are super pigmented and go on nice and smooth.  They almost have this cream to powder consistency.  Once they go on, they are smudge-proof so to blend them out you have to work fairly quickly, but in a pinch I can put bikini-tini all over the lid and bronze have more fun in the crease and I'm out the door!


 

Palette
I can't pick just one!  There are so many amazing palettes out there and new ones that have just been released...I did post about the Too Faced Naked Eye Palette back in Week 2 of Beauty Crown and you can read that snippet here.



Brow Kit
Benefit's Gimme Brow
I initially received Gimme Brow in my Lash Bash kit and I was a little hesitant because I had never used a brow product.  I love it now and use it on a daily basis!  Check out my full review on Gimme Brow here.


 
MISC

Beauty Magazine
I don't subscribe to any magazines, but when I am in the checkout line, I find myself veering towards Cosmo.  I feel like it provides a good variety and the products it presents are not astronomically expensive.


Beauty Subscription
ipsy...beauty by You!
Hands down this is the best beauty subscription in my opinion...It is only $10 and the variety of products, sizes, and the bag are totally worth that and more:)

http://www.ipsy.com/r/1mi8


Beauty Product from Subscription
Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
I fell in love with this facial scrub, and have since purchased it in full size along with other products from the MTTO line.  Cruelty-free, organic, all natural and it is actually in Florida (like me)! 

 

 
I hope you have enjoyed my selections for the Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 4. Stay tuned for Week 5!!!



http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11014809