Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 3

Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 3

Monday, December 16, 2013


 

The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014

Week 3 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Lip & Nail Products. Below are my Week 3 selections:

LIPS
 
Lipliner
bhcosmetics Waterproof Lip Liner in Rouge
Milani Color Statement Lip Liner in Cocoa

I usually don't wear lip liner, but when I do it is usually one of these..
These lip liners are both very different!  The bhcosmetics liner is extremely dry but I love the color, so I tend to just use a lip balm before I apply it.  It says "waterproof" and it really is...I had to use soap and water to get the swatch off my hand.  The Milani one is actually quite creamy.  Once I finish my bhcosmetics one, I want to see if Milani carries a similar color. 
 
 
Lipstick
Milani-Color Statement Lipstick in Sangria
Wet n Wild-Fergie Collection Lipstick in D-Vinely Chilled
Too Faced-Lip of Luxury Champagne Essence Lipstick in Living in Sin
Tarte-Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick in Playful

These have been my go-to favorites the last few months:)  They all tend to be in that berry tone ranging from the lightest, Living in Sin (had to get it because I love Bon Jovi:), to the darkest, Sangria.  I love the berry-toned hues <3 



 
Gloss
Benefit-Ultraplush Lip Gloss in Sugarbomb
NYX Butter Gloss-Cherry Pie
KNT Pro Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Sugar Daddy
Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Midnight Cowboy

These guys pretty much live in my purse:)  Most of the ones you see are pretty well known but the KNT is actually a new Miami-based cosmetics line.  I actually picked up the gloss at a blogger event and did a separate blog post on it here.  It is a really nice, sheer color and it is super moisturizing so I am happy to promote them:)  My husband loves the UD gloss because it cools and plumps and has a minty taste for those kissable moments:)


Tinted Lip Balm
I have no favorite tinted lip balms so I will definitely be checking out recommendations on other Beauty Crown posts <3
 
Lip Treatment
Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub & Honey Trap Lip Balm

 I love this duo!!! If I remember to do it at night before bed, I wake up in the morning to super soft lips <3 You really can't go wrong with Lush. I just wish they were a little less expensive, but you do get your money's worth. I have not tried a product from them I did not like.

 
 I love this duo!!!  If I remember to do it at night before bed, I wake up in the morning to super soft lips <3 You really can't go wrong with Lush.  I just wish they were a little less expensive, but you do get your money's worth.  I have not tried a product from them I did not like.

NAILS
 
Polish
My daughter is obsessed with nail polish, so I had to go hunting through hers to find some of mine that she "borrowed."  I change polish colors like once a week and I do it myself so we probably have close to 200 polishes between the both of us.  I love glitter & shimmer so most of my colors are in that spectrum, my daughter leans more towards cremes.  You would think we would be opposite!
 
The first picture is actually a brand I discovered a few months ago and I am obsessed!  Dollish Polish is an indie brand that I read about on another blog.  It was actually the 2nd color pictured that grabbed my initial attention and I ordered these four to start my collection:
Cold Winds are Rising (Heather grey with blue & teal glitter)
Expecto Patronum (Milky white with teal glitter)
Penny Penny Penny (peach with copper iridescence & copper glitter)
I Want To Do Bad Things With You (cherry red with red glitter) 
 
Other brands & colors I enjoy (left to right)
Julep-Reiko (rose gold metallic)
Julep-Lucy (dark burgundy creme)
Zoya-Faye (bronzed mauve with purple/brown undertones & bright gold sparkle)
Zoya-Giovanna (emerald green metallic)
OPI-Manicurist of Seville (bright fuchsia)
Wet n Wild-Ferguson Crest Syrah (Fergie collection-burgundy metallic with shimmer)
 
Basecoat & Topcoat
OPI Natural Base Coat & Top Coat
I am not married to these but so far these have been the best ones that do not destroy my nails.  I have tried several base & top coats, but many of them cause my nails to split at the edges.  So far so good with these!
 
 
Treatment
Julep Essential Cuticle Oil
I received this in my very first Julep Maven box and I absolutely love it <3!  Whenever I feel my cuticles are dry, I just roll some on and massage it in.  The instructions say to use it daily, but I use it maybe a few times a week.  It is a roller ball applicator, which is nice and it smells really good.  It is basically a blend of several essential oils: jojoba, rosewood, sweet almond, Castor seed, lavender, Ylang Ylang, & Vitamin E.

I hope you have enjoyed my selections for the Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 3.  Stay tuned for Week 4!!!

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11014809