Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 2

Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 2

Tuesday, December 10, 2013




 
The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 2 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Face Products. Below are my Week 2 selections:

FACE

Primer
Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer
 
I purchased this primer for my wedding & I feel in love.  It is so smooth and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything.  My makeup lasted all night and I felt it really did a good job, so I have really just stuck with it when I am putting on a full makeup face for a special occasion. 
 
BB Cream
Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

I actually received this in an ipsy bag and I really liked it.  I don't really use foundation, so I wanted something light but with some coverage.  Once this ran out I also tried Tarte & Smashbox, and to be honest, I wasn't super impressed.  I am going to pick this one up in full-size.

Foundation
I currently don't wear foundation because in the past it has always made me feel like I well...have foundation on my face...lol...I will gladly take any recommendations, and I love some of the ones I have already read:)

Powder
Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up
 
I use this in the shade Honey.  I put in on in the morning after my dynamic duo (see Brightener), and I apply it with a big powder brush.  I also tend to just do touch ups throughout the  brush it comes with.  I don't use the sponge at all.  I feel like it matches my skin tone really well and it mattifies where I need it during the day. 

Concealer
I currently do not use any concealer because I feel it creases in the fine lines under my eyes.  I will gladly take any recommendations.  I am a big fan of Benefit so I was thinking of picking up the Erase Paste.

Brightener
Girl Meets Pearl & Porefessional
Photo Credit: Benefit Cosmetics
Photo Credit: Benefit Cosmetics

I picked up this trick at the Benefit Brow Bar when I was getting some recommendations on foundation vs. BB Cream.  I take a small amount of each and mix it together with my fingers and then just apply all over my face.  It mattifies & illuminates at the same time.  I don't like to be super shimmery so this combination provides just the perfect subtle glow I am looking for.

Blush
The Balm's Stainiac

 Photo Credit: The Balm

 This was a tough one, because I like different blushes at different times of the year.  With that being said, if I was stranded on a deserted island I would probably pick The Balm's Stainiac in Beauty Queen.  It is buildable and gives you time to work with it a little more than some of the other stains out there like Benefit's Benetint (don't get me wrong...I also like).  Sometimes I also put another blush on top for an extra pop, like Benefit's Hervana or Coralista or Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Captivating (from the Aqualillies Collection)...I think it's Tipsy from their regular line. 

Bronzer
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Photo Credit: Too Faced

I love everything about this bronzer!  It really does smell like chocolate:)  I personally do not like a shimmery bronzer.  This one is a nice matte brown that blends nicely and looks very natural once applied.  I have tried a few other bronzers and I keep coming back to this one.  Definitely a forever fave!

Highlighter
Benefit's High Beam
Photo Credit: Benefit Cosmetics

I like this highlighter because it is super duper easy to work apply and work with, especially in small places.  I can use this in my inner corner, the tops of my cheeks and my Cupid's bow without a glitch.  A little goes a long way too.  I have been using the same deluxe size sample for months now!  I have tried a few powder highlighters but none have really provided that spot on accuracy that you can get with the liquid version.

Palette
Naked Eye Palette from Too Faced
Photo Credit: Too Faced

Could this one be any harder?!?!  I chose this one because this was one of the very first palettes I ever purchased when I started to really get into makeup.  To this day, I still go to it on a regular basis when I want just a natural eye look for work or even if I'm going to the beach.  It also has colors to go from day to night without any qualms.  I have a few of the Too Faced eye palettes and I must say the quality of the shadow is amazing.  They tend to be very buttery and blend easily.  My favorite color in this palette is Satin Sheets...It a very pretty shimmery pink, but it's almost multi-dimensional...It reminds me of a pink opal color.

I hope you have enjoyed my Week 2 Picks for the amazing Beauty Crown Awards 2013!  Keep up on Twitter with #BeautyCrown to check out all the action!