Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 1

Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 1

Monday, December 2, 2013



The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily, Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5-week event with each week covering types of products.


Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014

Week 1 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Personal Care Items.
Below are my Week 1 Selections:

HAIR
 
Shampoo
John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Shampoo
 
Conditioner
John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Conditioner
Being that I dye my hair every 3-4 weeks, I find it best to use a shampoo & conditioner that is made especially to protect color-treated hair, and since I always tend to dye my hair in the deep reds with John Frieda color this was a perfect fit.  I notice that I don't lose as much color with this shampoo as I have in the past with other brands and it helps to deposit a little extra since it is a pigmented shampoo.  The conditioner leaves my hair so soft to the touch that I usually don't have to follow up with any kind of serum or detangler unless I'm styling.
 
Hairspray
Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray
Living in South Florida, humidity is always a menace.  This spray keeps my style in place and curbs the crazy frizziness that we have all come to hate!
 
Styling Product
Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist
I don't have a huge amount of time to style my hair.  I usually only style or straighten it for special events.  When I go au natural I really like this mist because it doesn't dry my hair out like most beach wave sprays.  Plus, it smells so good!
 
Hair Mask
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
Since my hair is so dry & damaged from dying it all the time, I try to do a mask about once a week.  This is hands down my favorite mask.  It really does a great job of moisturizing and repairing, especially towards the ends. 

SCENTS
 
Body Mist
Moonlight Path from Bath & Body Works
I just love this body spray!  It has been my go-to from B&BW for years...It is soft, sensual and makes me feel all warm & fuzzy:) 
 
Perfume
Narcisse by Chloe
This has been my signature perfume since I was in high school.  I do play with other scents but this is the one I would take with me if I was stranded on a deserted island.

SKIN CARE (Non-Facial)
 
Body Wash
Ginger & Co. Double Up Moisturizing Body Wash
I'm not super picky when it comes to body wash, but I picked this one up at ULTA and I really enjoy it.  My bottle is almost empty and I will definitely be re-purchasing.  It smells good, provides lots of sudsy goodness, and makes my skin feel moisturized when all is said and done.
 
Bar Soap
Lush Karma Soap
This soap smells soooo good!  It has that ancient temple patchouli vibe to it.  It really helps me to relax and clear my mind.  The scent is pretty strong so it may not be for everyone, but I am hooked!
 
Body Scrub
Michael Todd True Organics Walnut Grapefruit Body Polish
This body scrub is extremely refreshing!  The walnut shell powder provides just the right amount of exfoliation and the grapefruit provides a scent that really helps to stimulate the senses.  It is also packed with some different essential oils to help balance and moisturize the skin. 
 
Moisturizer
Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Hawaiian Kukui
This moisturizer is super rich in both consistency and scent.  It really does last all day.  It comes in a few different scents but I love the Hawaiian Kukui the best.  My daughter likes the Coconut Lime one.  To be honest, they are all pretty good.
 
Hair Removal
Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Duo Kit
The reality is no one wants to fess up that they use a hair remover, but I will step up and say yes, I do!  I only use this on my upper lip, and it works pretty well.  It also comes with an after cream to help keep away any dryness or irritation.  I have tried other cream removers and none are as good as this one.  I am working on laser hair removal so hopefully I will get to a poitn that I no longer need to use this!

I hope you have enjoyed my Beauty Crown Awards 2013-Week 1
Stay tuned for Week 2!!!
 






You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 34 days, 17 hrs, 55 min (1/5/2014 11:59 PM North America - Central Standard Time)