Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara-Product Review

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara-Product Review

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mascara is that one makeup staple that most of us just cannot get enough of!  Who doesn't want lashes that stand out?!?!  Lucky for me, I received the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara from Influenster, on behalf of Rimmel London, for testing purposes and I am beyond satisfied with what what this product can do.                            


Rimmel has brought the best characteristics of all the prestige brands I have tried into one product.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my prestige brands but sometimes price can be a big factor.  This mascara provides that same prestige quality for the drugstore price. 


 
Let's start off with the packaging.  Weighing in at 0.41 fl oz, you are getting a good amount of mascara in the bottle.  I am a huge fan of anything and everything retro and this packaging is just groovy baby!  The black and white mod design is reminiscent Andy Warhol and Twiggy (below).  Georgia Jagger daughter of Mick Jagger & Jerry Hall, definitely pulls off an amazing 60's look as the newest face of Rimmel.  The wand is a hourglass-shaped.  The picture below really doesn't do it justice...it is a very large wand.  Once again, bringing the best of the prestige brands, as this wand is very similar to the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara wand.  The wand is really good at coating every single lash with an even amount of formula.  I thought that the size of the wand would make it difficult to get the smaller lashes in the inner corner or on the bottom lashes, but it was actually quite easy.  Don't be intimidated by the size...after all, we all know...Bigger is better;)  The formula itself has two things that really stood out to me: the consistency and the smell...both in good ways!  The formula is a rich, gel like consistency that really glides on the lashes and dries in a way that really helps the lashes keep their curl.  The smell was also really nice.  I don't know what it is about Rimmel products, but they all have this baby powder-esque scent that really makes the products stand out to me.  The formula itself is probably one of the best I have ever tried in a mascara.  It isn't too dry and it isn't too wet.  It has the just right amount of silkiness to coat the lashes and make them pop.
 

 
 
With two coats:
 
 
 My Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara's new home: