Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: ipsy November 2013 UNBAGGING!

ipsy November 2013 UNBAGGING!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ipsy really outdid themselves for November's bag!  Not only did we get a rockin' gold bag (mind you I used mine as clutch for an event I didn't have time to change purses for), but we also received six, yes SIX, products this month!!!  Click here to get your own ipsy bag ❤

  Item #1 is the emcosmetics lash gallery lengthening mascara.  This new cosmetics line from ipsy founder, Michelle Phan, really delivers.  This mascara really lives up to its name.  It goes on light and smooth and really extends the lashes out.  To remove my makeup I do use an oil-based product and it usually does the trick,  but with this mascara I could see those fibers coming right off my lashes and I was blown away.  This full size product sells on the em site for $20.
 
Item #2 is the Be a Bombshell lip crayon in Hot Damn.  I was excited to receive this as I have really wanted to try something from this brand but just haven't had the opportunity.  I actually took it with me to a media event and it had great staying power.  The color is red, with orange undertones, which isn't my first choice as I tend to go more with the blue undertones when I wear red, but it wasn't too overwhelming.  I did hear talks online that this was not a full size product weight-wise, but it looks like a full size product in my opinion, and it sells on the BaB site for $14.

Item #3 is a Nailtini nail polish.  I hear ipsters always complaining about getting nail polish in their bags but I have no qualms with it.  This month every ipster received a Nailtini in either Champagne or Caviar Cocktail.  I received the color Caviar Cocktail which is a "shimmering gunmetal gray".  The color description really lives up to the actual color once it is applied and in a pinch you could get away with applying one coat if you are in a rush.  This was also a full size item and retails on the Nailtini site for $13.

Item #4 is the bronzer from Pixi Beauty in Subtly Suntouched.  This is a nice shimmer bronzer that could be applied all over for the "suntouched" look.  Based on the size of the product, I really thought it was a full-size item, but when I checked on the Pixi site, the full size item actually weighs in at 0.36 oz while this one weighs in at 0.11 oz.  The full size also coming with a kabuki brush, and I'm not sure if that is included in the weight of 0.36 oz, but the set sells on their site for $18. 

Item #5 is the Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst.  I was really excited to get this, because the only Starlooks product I have tried is the Kohl Eye Pencil which I was not a huge fan of.  This has nothing to do with the brand or the quality...I just don't like pencil eyeliners.  This eye pencil is a whole other story.  I LOVE this pencil.  I have used it for my inner corner, upper lash line and waterline all very successfully.  It is really creamy and easy to apply and the payoff is excellent.  It is very shimmery with a "gorgeous micro-glitter finish."  This is definitely a full size product and sells on the SL site for $14.
 

 Item #6 is the Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment.  The ipsy FB was all abuzz with everyone's excitement about getting this in their bags.  To be honest, I don't see what the big deal is.  It's another mud mask.  I actually traded this on the ipsy swap forum for the Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash and I am loving it.  I have so many masks already, and to be honest, I will probably never buy the full size product as it costs $69 for 1.7 oz.  The deluxe sample size in the ipsy bag was 0.5 oz which puts its value right around $20. 
 
In my opinion, ipsy really stepped it up this month.  I am beyond satisfied with all products (even the Glamglow, just not that into it).  Thank you ipsy for an amazing month!!!  Can't wait for December:)
 
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11014809