Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: My 1st Birchbox September 2013-UNBOXXING

My 1st Birchbox September 2013-UNBOXXING

Friday, October 4, 2013

So I watched way too many Birchbox unboxxing videos to not bite the bullet and sign up for my own:)  Without further ado, I present my very 1st Birchbox unboxxing!
 
Birchbox sends its monthly box in a...well, in a brown box. Don't get me wrong...it's cute packaging. I hear there are a lot of DIY videos for different uses for the Birchbox box...I will have to check those out:)
 
Upon opening my box, I found the following contents: a few loose deluxe sample items and a cute blue polka-dotted pillow box...

 
Inside the mysterious pillow box were two additional items.
 
 
The first items in my box was the Dr. Jart Premium BB  Cream.  According to the enclosed postcard, "this all-in-one provides light coverage, anti aging benefits, and mega SPF.  I have been loving my current BB cream from Tarte, but I will definitely gives this one a whirl and see how it works out.
 
The next two items in my box are the Beauty Protector, Protect & Shampoo & Protect & Conditioner.  I am always looking for a good shampoo & conditioner.  These babies are sulfate-free and formulated to add shine & volume.  I have dry, damaged hair, due to having to color treat it once a month, so sulfate-free is great and moisturizing is a must.  
 
The 4th item in my box is the Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips.  Yep, you read that correctly...nipple balm for lips.  Now I remember breastfeeding and buying the different ointments to heal the broken chapped nips, and they were amazing, so why not use them on the lips?!?!  According to the Dr. Lipp website, "Dr.Lipp’s original nipple balm for lips is able to replenish the lipid bilayers of your skin and can be used to maintain and repair the skin’s natural barrier, whilst protecting it against the environment."

 
The final item in my box is the Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Fox Hunt.  This color reminds me of a China Glaze color I have from the Hunger Games collection, but the CG one has glitter in it.  This is going to be a great color to wear to the movies when I go see Catching Fire:)  
 
Their theme this month is Heritage..."It's not the glitter or gloss...It's the stories." 

 
So lucky me, my first box also coincides with Birchbox's 3-year anniversary! That makes me a Phenomenal, Maginal, Adventurous, Creative Smart Cookie:) I can take 30% off anything in the Customer Favorites Shop.