Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: ipsy October 2013 UNBAGGING!

ipsy October 2013 UNBAGGING!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

 


So I hate to say this but I think this has been my least favorite ipsy bag I have ever received:(  The weird thing is I was very happy with my glam room on the ipsy site, but when I received my bag it was totally different?!?!  I don't know if that has ever happened to anyone before, but when I received my bag it kind of threw me for a loop. 

So this month's theme is The Art of Beauty...It may sound silly, but I really get a kick out of the postcards that come with the ipsy bag.  Alas, this postcard, along with the bag just did not do it for me.  I felt it was a little cheaper looking and feeling than the previous postcards. 

What do you say?  On to the products!!!  I actually received six products in my bag this month:)  I think that this is maybe their way of making up for my bag being totally different from what I was supposed to receive. 

My first product was the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster.  The full size of this product is 1 fluid ounce for $48, which values my sample at $12 for 0.25 fl oz.  This Vitamin C complex is jam packed with awesome ingredients like rosehips extract and Vitamins C & E.  It is basically like a skincare serum.  You apply in the morning and in the evening after cleansing and prior to eye cream and moisturizing.

My next product was the Starlooks Lip Pencil in the color Tipsy.  This product was a miss for me.  The shade does not go well with my complexion and I will not really use it at all.  Formula-wise I felt it was very creamy and was easy to apply but the color was a downfall.  Had it come in another color like Voltage Rouge or Blackberry Champagne, I would have been a happy camper.  On a positive note, this was a full size product valued at $12:)

My third product was the BR-C-N02 Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush, a $2.49 value.  So I already have a TON of eyeshadow brushes.  Another one can't hurt, and I will say this was a really good, high quality brush for a super affordable price.  It holds on to the shadow which helps eliminate fallout, and does a really good job of blending the shadow in the crease. 

My fourth product was the Nourish Organic Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Body Lotion With Hibiscus.  This was one of my favorite products in my bag...Remember Smell-O-Vision?  Well, there should be Smell-O-Blog!  This body lotion smells so yummylicious!  It is a pina colada in a bottle!  This line is available exclusively at Target, one of my fave stores, and full size is 8 oz for $11.99, which values my 1 oz deluxe sample at $1.50. 

My fifth product was the Zoya Nail Polish in Neve <insert heart here> I love this polish!!!  This was my other favorite product in my ipsy bag:)  This color was absolutely perfect for the Fall...a jewel-tone sapphire with micro-glitter in fuchsia and purple.  The formula itself was a little on the thinner side, but I actually prefer that to a super thick formula.  It was completely opaque with two coats and really stood up to wear & tear.  I had the manicure for about a week and not even a chip.  Zoya is not just any nail polish company-It is 5Free...No camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or dibutyl phalate.  Definitely a win-win!  This was a full size plish valued at $8.

And just when I thought that was all my products, along came product #6!   The Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel was my final product this month.  While I truly appreciate receiving such an amazing brand in my ipsy bag, I do not blow dry my hair.  Hmmm such a conundrum!   A full size of this product retails at $16.95 for  8.5 oz, which values my 1.7 oz at $3.39.  This gel smells exactly like the Weatherproof Humidity Resistant Spray I received in my ipsy bag a few months ago.  I really like that spray since I can flat iron my hair or curl my hair and it really does keep its style minus the frizz that comes along with South Florida weather. 

Well...I have seen better bags ipsy!  Plus, the whole glam room and bag differences totally threw me off.  Of the 6 products I received, I would say I was satisfied with about half of them.  Those that I did like, had a total value of about $12, which totally covers my $10 investment in my monthly ipsy subscription.  Overall this bag had a product value of over $39, which is great.  That does not even include the actual makeup bag, so throw that into the mix and we are looking at an almost $45 value.