Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: July 2013 ipsy Bag Review

July 2013 ipsy Bag Review

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

July 2013 was my first month of receiving a glam bag and I was more than satisfied with everything I received for just $10!!!  The theme for July's bag was Beach Beauty, which is on the postcard insert that comes with the bag.  Let's start with the contents of my bag:
 
The bag itself is a super cute pink see-through vinyl bag.  It looks small, but there is more than enough room to carry my iPhone, a lip gloss, keys and even a compact.  It's great for the beach, the pool, shopping or just lounging around.  ($5 value)
 
My first item was the POP Beauty Pouty Pop crayon ($4 value) in Fuchsia Flirt.  As you can see, it is not pictured above, because I actually went onto ipsy's Facebook Swap Forum and swapped for the bareMinerals lip gloss in Wild Honey.  The product itself was actually pretty good.  It applied easily, was very moisturizing, and had a minty taste to it, but I was really hoping for the Coral Crush color as pink does not really go well with my skin tone.  I was very happy with my ipsy swap forum experience for any of you ipsters that have been curious about swapping products.
 
The 2nd item I received was a bhcosmetics California Collection mini-palette ($3 value).  I will say, each of the shadows appears to be full-size because my daughter owns a bh palette and they are almost identical in size.  The sample comes with 3 colors, one each from their California palettes: Hollywood (deep purple shimmer), San Francisco (brown shimmer), and Malibu (gold shimmer).  Their palettes range from highly pigmented to not-so-much, but I will say that the colors are very buildable.  I have taken full advantage of this mini-palette as purple is one of my favorite colors.  The gold shimmer is the most pigmented of the three and is absolutely gorgeous.  This look was created using the mini-palette, as well as, a few other beauty essentials:
Urban Decay Primer Potion (all over the lid up to the brow line)
Bouquet Toss from the Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette (all over the lid up to the brow line)
Hollywood in the crease and blended out
San Francisco on the lid and blended out
Malibu as a highlight under the brow line, along the lash line and in the corners
bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen Mascara in Black

The 3rd item in my bag was the Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tinted Moisturizer ($5 value).  The sample was .23 fl oz, but I will say it lasted me a good two weeks.  I would wash my face, put on my eye cream and face serum & then apply this all over and on my neck.  I do not use foundation so I do not over-do it which is probably why it lasted me so long.  The product was good, great for the pool or beach, but it did leave me a bit shiny.  It definitely has to be used with powder to matte it out.

The 4th item in my bag was the Big Sexy Hair Weatherproof Humidity Spray ($8 value).  I loved this spray.  A lot of people kept referring to it as a hair spray, but to be honest, I wasn't worried about the hold, but the weather proof quality to it.  It maintained my hair anti-frizz whether I went natural, straight (flat-iron) or curly (barrel wand).  I was very happy with the results, and let me tell you...it is hot & humid in South Florida over the summer, so this gets a big thumbs up from me!

The last, but not least, item in my bag with the Demeter Salt Air Roll-On Perfume Oil.  This was a full-size product at .29 oz ($10 value).  There are no words to really describe how this smells except literally salt air.  It reminds me of a windy day at the beach and the smell of the ocean as it swirls around in the breeze.  It is good for layering under perfume or on its own, but does require re-applying if you are looking for it to last day and night.

On top of the amazing products we get for only $10, each participating company provides an accompanying discount to purchase full-size or additional products.  Check out the discounts for July:

 July was an amazing first month of ipsy for me, and I look forward to receiving my August bag any day now...Stay tuned for my unbagging and upcoming reviews of a whole new set of products brought to me by ipsy...beauty by ME!

Click here to become an ipster yourself!!!