Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: ipsy August 2013-UNBAGGING!

ipsy August 2013-UNBAGGING!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

ipsy August 2013-UNBAGGING! 
I am once again beyond happy with my ipsy bag!  That makes two months in a row ipsy...THANK YOU! 

Click here to learn about ipsy...beauty by YOU!!!
 
The August theme is Back to School with the Glamour Academy.  There is literally everything you need for a basic look, with a little help from some additional supplemental beauty aides.
 
Let's start with the bag...It is a nice mix of a yellow gold and plum jewel tones ($5 value).  Size-wise it is nice...good depth and width...definitely able to hold a lot of back to school or work beauty supplies for re-touching.
 
 My first product is the Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub (1 oz-$5 value).  I will be incorporating this into my facial shower routine.
My 2nd product is the NYX Mosaic Blush in Paradise (full size $7 value).  It is described on their site as a bright pink with gold shimmer.  I had been hoping for their Rouge Creme Blush, but I am happy nonetheless, as I have been wanting a pink blush, as most of my blushes lately tend to lean toward the coral colors.
My 3rd product is the Pixi Lash Booster Mascara (deluxe sample size-$6 value).  I love trying different mascaras, especially since I'm switching over to all cruelty-free products.  This has had some negative reviews on the ipsy site so I will definitely share my experiences in a few weeks. 

My 4th product is the noya Lip Balm in Vanilla (full size $4 value).  I am wearing it as I type.  I'm not going to lie...I REALLY wanted the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick, BUT I still enjoy a good lip balm, especially when it's all natural...heck it's even kosher!  I will be applying this at night before bed, and in the morning before applying my makeup.
 My 5th and final product is the Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream (10 ml $5 value).  I think this is the product I am most excited to try, as I have never tried a BB, CC, DD, EE? cream.  I will be applying after my serum in the morning, before I put on my makeup.  It is going to play double duty as my moisturizer and as a base for my powder. 
As always, we have some amazing deals from participating companies this month ranging from 20-30% off, as well as, free shipping from Urban Decay or free mascara from Smashbox.
This month ipsy has teamed up with benefit for a GIVEAWAY!!!  1,000 ipsters will win a kit packed with glam party swag for them and 9 of their closest friends.  Check out my entry below...Cute huh?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! 
 
Stay tuned for reviews on all my August 2013 ipsy products in 2 weeks!!!