Lucy's Cruelty-Free Beauty and Living: Beauty Hauls-BH Cosmetics & ULTA

Beauty Hauls-BH Cosmetics & ULTA

Friday, August 30, 2013

What can I say?!?!  I'm a sucker for a SALE!!! 
 
Let's start off with my BH Cosmetics Haul...
My July ipsy bag came with a sampler size of 3 eyeshadows from the new California Collection palettes from bh Cosmetics, and to be honest, you can't beat it for the price.  I am not a fan of those huge palettes that have like a million colors, BUT it seems that bh Cosmetics is going the route of developing smaller palettes for those of us that are overwhelmed by having 180 colors at our fingertips all at once.  So, I had to take advantage of the ipsy discount with the California Collection palettes.  As ipsters, we were able to redeem a discount code for 10% off any California Collection palettes.  They also run extremely great deals ALL the time...I recommend getting on their email list so you can get notifications on all their sales by going to their site @ bh Cosmetics.  What got me was the deal on the brushes.  I have been looking to get a new brush set and they had this great set below for just $12!  Once I was on the site, I just kept on exploring and kept adding things to my cart.  Honestly, I don't think I spent more than $40 on EVERYTHING you see below...

12-piece brush set (w/case)
Center from left to right:
Lip Gloss in Studious
Creme Luxe Lipstick in Berry Bite
Jumbo Concealer Pencil in Fair
Waterproof Eye Crayon in Vintage
Creme Luxe Lipstick on Coral Escape
Lip Gloss in Peace, Love & Mod
Makeup Remover Towelettes (30 sheets)-I picked up 2 packs
California Collection Palettes in Malibu & San Francisco


 
Palettes
Top-Malibu
Bottom-San Francisco 
 
  Swatches for Malibu


Swatches for San Francisco
 

Lip & Eye Swatches
Left (from top to bottom)
Coral Escape, Berry Bite, Peace, Love & Mod, & Studious
Right (from top to bottom)
Concealer in Fair, Eye Crayon in Vintage
I also subscribe to email notifications & the ad circular from ULTA...For those of you that have never been to ULTA, you really need to check it out.  I am like a kid in a candy store when I go there.  It is one of my favorite stores of all time.  Well, they also have great deals...free shipping over a certain $ amount, free deluxe samples when you spend a certain amount on a certain product, etc...I received one of their emails promoting Juice Beauty.  Now, Juice Beauty is a little pricey but they have amazing products.  The deal was spend $35, and get a deluxe sample of their Green Apple Peel-Sensitive.  I recently purchased their Green Apple Cleaning Gel and have been loving it, so I wanted to try out some of their other products from the same line.  I was able to pick up the Green Apple Age Defy Solutions Kit, which comes with 5 products (smaller versions), but more than enough to try and make a decision if this skin care regimen is for me...and guess what?!?!  It was $39, so I was able to get the free gift anyway!
 
Juice Beauty products from left to right:
Green Apple Cleaning Gel-2 fl oz (I already had it but was starting to run out)
Green Apple Age Defy Serum-0.25 fl oz
Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer-0.5 fl oz (day)
Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer-0.5 fl oz (night)
Green Apple Peel Full Strength-0.5 fl oz (once weekly)
FREE GIFT (little jar underneath) Green Apple Peel Sensitive-0.25 fl oz
I am actually glad I have two versions of the peel because now I can try both and see which one is more compatible with my skin:)
 
I also pick up a two items from the brand Macadamia...I recently purchased the Healing Oil Spray but was almost out.  This was the first item I've ever tried from them and I really enjoyed it.  It was non-greasy, light, and smelled absolutely AMAZING!  I wanted to try some of their other products so I ordered the Nourishing Leave-In Cream-2 fl oz (center) and the Healing Oil Treatment-0.34 fl oz (lower right).
 
And if that wasn't enough, I also qualified for a free gift set from Bliss!!!  I believe it was a one-day only type special gift, but hey, I was on a roll;)  This gift set came with four deluxe samples in a really cute, turquoise mini shopping bag. 
From left to right, I received:
Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel-0.5 fl oz (I've never heard of this brand, so definitely looking forward to trying)
Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask
Bliss Lid+Lash Wash Makeup Remover
Triple Oxygen+C Energizing Cream
 
Needless to say, I am very excited to try out all my new skin care products and develop a regimen that works for me and my skin!!!
 
Check back soon for reviews on my new goodies J